The system for scheduling the Bio-Rad ChemiDoc Touch Gel Imaging System is available for CVRC Member Labs via the UVA Collab Scheduling Program.
• If you are a new user, you will need to complete a proficiency training session to be given access to join the scheduling site. Please contact the lab personnel below for training or issues setting up your UVA Collab membership:
Leigh Bradley at email@example.com 434-297-6456 to set up training.
• After you have been trained, please do not hesitate to ask questions if you need help or refer to the protocol methods provided in the operation manual, which is located by the ChemiDoc Imaging System
• Next you will need to set up a UVA Collab account and install by going to https://collab.itc.virginia.edu/portal and logging in via the UVa Login Button (Top right) and NetBadge.
• After logging in, you will need to request permission to join the site(s) for which you wish to schedule by selecting “Membership” from the list on the left side of the webpage.
• Next, make sure you have selected “Joinable Sites” at the top and use the pull down menu to “show 200 items.” Scroll down until you see the CVRC sites and select the site you wish to join.
• Once you have joined, you will be able to view and schedule available times. You may schedule 15 minute time blocks of continuous use. Maximum usage per day is 1 hour.
Please adhere to this maximum usage to allow other CVRC members access to this shared facility.
The ChemiDoc Gel Imaging System Schedule will be monitored weekly to track usage by laboratories, as well as to prevent any abuse to the scheduling privilege, with email notification of excessive usage or scheduling abuse to the appropriate laboratory Primary Investigator. If corrections are not made upon notice, scheduling privileges for the involved personnel will be suspended/revoked.