New Employee ChecklistTalk with supervisor prior to the first day of work and discuss the following:
- Dress code
- Office/lab procedures
- Contacts and/or mentor(s)
- Required training
- Schedule and attend benefits orientation by contacting UHR Benefits at (434) 924-4598
- Review your benefits online at http://www.hr.virginia.edu/hr-for-you/university-staff/university-staff-benefits/
- Review compensation tutorial http://www.hr.virginia.edu/other-hr-services/hr-consulting-services/compensation/
- Three tax forms:
- I-9 Forms - The I-9 must be accompanied by acceptable identification such as a passport, or a drivers license and social security card. For a list of acceptable ID, view page 3 of the I-9 form
- W4 Form
- VA-4 Form
Once you can log into the CVRC website, please use this form to make sure we have your correct contact information. Personal information will not be disclosed. Work information will be visible through this website.
Use this form to request a health systems ID badge. The form must be signed by Paul Orange. His office is room 1015 in the CVRC Business Office in MR-5. After he signs it, take the form to the ID Badge Office with one form of identification (driver's license, passport, etc.). The ID Badge Office is located in Davis, Room 245.
MR-5 Door Access Request Form
Use these forms to request access to labs in either MR-4 or MR-5. This will allow you to swipe your ID card for access to restricted labs. You will need your supervisors signature at the top of the form. Then return the form to the CVRC Business Office. If a physical key is required for entry to your place of work, please use the form below.
Use this online form for all key requests for Cardiovascular Research Center labs and offices. This form is for physical keys only, for card swipe access use the Door Access Form above.